Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy 5 Year Anniversary To Us!

Yesterday Dustin and I celebrated our 5 year Wedding Anniversary! I honestly cannot believe that it has been 5 years. Yesterday when we were reminiscing, Dustin said "5 years ago today you were crying". It's a little bit of an inside joke, but the night before we got married, we got in an argument. I can't even remember what it was about. Two weeks prior to our wedding, my Grandma who I love and adore died so between that and planning for the wedding, I was exhausted (I have the bloodshot eyes in my wedding pictures to prove it). Anyway, Dustin just left in the middle of our arguement pretty much because he knew he couldn't win and that I was nuts at that point in time. Anyway, when he arrived at the temple (where we got married) I was in tears. I think it freaked him out at first because there was a small part of him asking himself if I was calling off the wedding. Really just one of the ladies was stern with me and in my fragile emotional state I started crying so Dustin and I always get a laugh out of that. Here are just a couple pics from that beautiful day (my Grandma's birthday) when we got married.


So Happy and In Love!

Apparently, I am quite amused by my new husband...

Priceless

Dustin was out of town most of last week for work, so I really just wanted to stay at home so my lovely husband took me out to Sushi (my favorite). We have a tradition of always watching our wedding video on our anniversary so we came home made up some chocolate fondue and watched our wedding video. Even though we watch it every year, it is always so much fun and it always makes me laugh. I still get a kick out of the same parts every year. After that, Dustin surprised me with a slideshow that he put together of our pictures and what we've done over the last 5 years, it was perfect! And then this morning, I made my adorable husband breakfast in bed...

Eggs Benedict, Fruit Salad with Cannoli Cream (from Dinner Club), a glass of OJ and the morning paper!

I am so lucky to be married to Dustin and I love him so much. In honor of our 5 years of marriage, here are just 5 of the many reasons I love my husband.
His Intelligence - My husband is honestly one of the smartest people I know. His mind truly is a steel trap. Supposedly it's the women who always remember everything in the marriage; not ours. He has amazing business sense, he knows more sports trivia and has so many stats and names of players in his head that I can't even begin to keep up. He is so passionate about knowledge and learning and he is able to retain so much and use so much of what he knows. I am in awe of him more and more every day.
We have Fun - Dustin and I spend a lot of time just doing our own thing or hanging out with Quique and we always have so much fun. He is just so much fun to be around. He makes me laugh and no matter what we are doing I enjoy doing it with him. And at the same time we both have started and want to continue to travel the world, we love food, and of course, we love football. Everything that I do is always better and more fun when I do it with Dustin.
He Challenges Me - Yes this has caused some short term stress for me, but he has been so good for me. Since before we were married, he has always made me want to be a better person. Whether it's learning about new things or treating others better, he has always been an inspiration to me and I always want to be better not just for myself, but for him too.
His Body - I don't want anybody to get the wrong idea here, but he really does have an awesome body. He has beautiful biceps, great pecs, a cute butt and the best legs you have ever seen on a guy. Mens legs have been a turn off in the past, but not with Dustin, he has great legs!
His Love for Me - Dustin fell in love with me long before I realized I was in love with him. He fought for me and he loved me so much more than I have ever been loved by a man. We have had our difficulties over the past few years, but our love has only grown stronger. It is so amazing to be loved by someone as wonderful as him.

So here's to you my love!

2 comments:

AP said...

Awww...sweet. And by the way, in the second picture, you and Ashley could be twins!

Lizzy said...

Seriously, you guys are so darling. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! You guys deserve it!