Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Surrounded by Love

Today has been a tough day. I have not been feeling well the past few days. There were some additional things going on today that just made it a rough day and extremely emotional for me. But as hard as today has been, (I know that this is going to sound weird) but it has also been a truly wonderful today. My husband and my mom have always been so wonderful in making me feel better, but today it went beyond them. Since I decided to rest today and not go into work, I called Quique's (my dog) brother's mom to see if he wanted to come over today since I was going to be home. (I will definitely post in the next week or so what all of that meant since I am sure that I completely confused you for those not familiar with the story. But there is a beautiful story of how my sweet puppy "reconnected" with her brother (litter mate) Charlie). Anyway, the two of them have not left my side the entire day. In fact right now, Charlie is chewing on a bone to the left of my chair and Quique (key-kay) is under my desk with her chin resting on my feet. I was watching a television show earlier (season finale of "Dead Zone" which is an awesome show if you've never seen it) and I was bawling at the end of the episode. I would say that that was because my emotions are very surface level right now, but it probably still would have been the case if I wasn't emotional. I 'm just a sap. Quique was laying on the floor by my bed, and when she saw me virtually convulsing from crying, she jumped up on the bed and laid right on my chest. If you are not a dog lover or if you have never experienced anything like this, dogs really are in tune with what we are feeling. Quique sensed it first thing this morning. It's like Charlie and Quique have been my guardian angels all day, following me wherever I go and giving me loves and kisses.

On top of that, my dear friend April checked in on my to see how I was feeling (knowing that I hadn't been feeling well the past couple of days). When I told her how I was feeling and what was going on, she showed up an hour or two later with one of the most thoughtful presents and a beautiful card. Saying that I was touched, doesn't even begin to describe the feelings I have regarding what she did. It is really hard for me to feel sorry for myself on days like this when I realize that I am surrounded by so many people who love and care for me so deeply... even dogs! It is so much easier to go through trials when you have people willing to endure them with you. I can't imagine those people in this world who have to go through difficult times alone. I realized today just how blessed I am. Whether it is a sensitive and supportive husband, a mom who says all of the right things, a few caring and ever so thoughtful friends or even the 2 best yellow labs ever, I am truly blessed.

No comments: