Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Perfect Match

It has been far too long since I have posted. It actually takes a lot of effort to post on a continual basis. We have had a lot of things going on so I am already a week behind. Last Thursday, September 13th, Dustin's sister Lindsay Lu (as I call her) got married. You could not have asked for a more perfect day. Lindsay and Tim are soul mates, just perfect for each other and they make each other so happy! Right before Lindsay's wedding ceremony it was like she was 10 years old waiting to open her presents on Christmas, she was giggling and everything. It was so wonderful to see her so happy! Tim is a wonderful man with a great family. I am so glad to see two people who love each other so much find each other. Here are a few pictures from the day:

The new Mr. and Mrs. (They kept grinning like that the entire day).

The Tate Clan after the Wedding Ceremony

Bo - My other sweet nephew that I am sure to brag about soon.. In fact we were at the wedding luncheon and I was sitting next to my sister in law, Savanna (Bo's Mom). Bo was on the other side of Savanna. Apparently Bo (16 months) was unable to get his mother's attention and before I knew it, I heard... Jamie! I looked over at Bo who was looking at me and pointing to the basket of rolls on the table. At first I didn't think that he had said my name, maybe I wanted to hear it, but Savanna confirmed it for me. I guess is takes food to say my name. I'll have to remember that.

Bryson and me

The Tate Family at the Reception

At the wedding luncheon, my mother in law had written a poem for Lindsay and Tim that she read. I thought that it was so beautiful so I would like to share it. For those of you who don't know, a few years before Dustin and I were married (although we were friends at the time) Lindsay was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia had to go through a bone marrow transplant. Luckily her sister Brooke was a perfect match and was willing to do this painful procedure to save her sister's life.

A Perfect Match
By Christine Tate

A Perfect Match
A Flower is about to bloom

Seven years ago we prayed for a match.
We needed bone marrow,
The very essence of life.
We needed the perfect elements
To give life to a young woman

Only three choices, such little hope.
Then the miracle happened.
A sister's love, a family's prayer.
A match, a perfect match.

It was only 2 tablespoons,
How will it find its way?
Will it work?
Please hurry, a flower is about to bloom!

Long hospital days, so many friends,
No hair, only hope.
Slowly the blood counts are rising,
A life is now beginning.
A flower is about to bloom!

But now another match is needed
Not just any match.
Someone with all the perfect elements
To enrich this flower.
Someone so righteous,
Someone so kind, so funny,
Someone with ocean blue eyes.

A perfect match!
A beautiful flower is beginning to bloom!

If you ever saw Tim and Lindsay together, you would know that they are the perfect match! I am so blessed to have such wonderful in laws to call my family.

No comments: