Monday, September 3, 2007

The Ugly

As the saga continues, Dustin and I had a nice relaxing day on Friday, we took Quique (key-kay the dog) to the park and caught up on sleep. The next morning Dustin went for a long bike ride up Emigration Canyon and I went with Quique and her brother Charlie and Charlie's mom on a hike up to Dog Lake. Since Connie picked me up for the hike and Dustin took the Durango, I had not noticed what had happened the night before. As Connie was pulling up to my house after a nice 2 1/2 hour hike with the puppies (although my rear end is still feeling the repurcussions of that hike) I noticed that the side of my car looked dented. I quickly got out of the car and looked at my car only to find a nightmare.


At first I thought that maybe somebody had backed up into my car, yet I didn't see any paint from another car. Plus there were dents all along the side of the car. As we looked closer, Connie noticed the print from the tred of the bottom of a shoe on three of the dents. I thought that I lived in a fairly nice area, but apparently not as friendly as I thought. It looks like some punk kids kicked in dents all along the side of my car in the middle of the night, right outside of my house. How could somebody do something like that? The first thing that popped into my head was who hates me this much? I have since tried to convince myself that this was nothing personal, but I still am in utter shock how anybody can find joy in pounding somebody's car. Because of the holiday weekend, we are not taking the car in until tomorrow and I am not looking forward to the dollar amount associated with this damage.



But after the anger and frustration wore off, what can you do? Life will go on and you have to look for the good to get through the not so fun parts. Things could have been worse, right? My whole care could have been smashed in with windows and lights included. At least I didn't get the dents from a car accident. Whatever happens, it helps me to look at the good and that bring me to one of the many great things that happened this week.

No comments: