Monday, October 1, 2007

Candle Wax Disaster

On Friday night, my darling husband somehow managed to drip a nice long trail of candle wax along the carpet in our room. He is usually the one to freak out about something like that except for the fact that he did it this time, not me. I (of course) remained calm knowing full well in the back of my head that we were going to have to replace the carpet after a disaster like that. Trying to remain calm, I tried working on the wax to see if I could get it out of the carpet, but there was so much wax that it was not looking good. (Please excuse the bad photography).

Before - (Here is just a portion of the beautiful wax trail)

So... I decided to get online and see if there was anything that I could do to salvage my carpet (yeah right). I saw something that mentioned taking a paper bag and putting it over the wax and then using an iron over the paper bag. You want to leave the iron heating up the paper bag and the wax, but you don't want to leave it too long otherwise it may burn the carpet. To me, my carpet was already ruined so why not try it out.

After

I was in absolute shock! My carpet now looks as good as new! Hopefully you won't have the same mishap that we did, but if you ever do, I promise it will work! Thank goodness for the internet and all of it's wisdom. How did people ever survive without the internet?

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is really good to know because I have a spot on my carpet from the hot glue gun. I will have to try that little trick!

AP said...

I love knowing stuff like this! Thanks for the 411.