Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thriller

Last night I had the privilege of going to Odyssey Dance Company’s production of Thriller at Kingsbury Hall. My dear friend April teaches dance with this organization so she was able to get us tickets for a very enjoyable Girls Night Out. (Thanks again April!!!) I have heard about this production for the last two or three years but was not able to experience it until last night. It was excellent! The dancing was great (although dancing was only a part of it), I loved the choreography, the dancers really got into their characters and I was laughing out loud (if you know me, I am not one to laugh out loud, I usually just laugh on the inside). What more could you ask for? Some of my favorites were the River of Blood Dance, Salem’s Mass, Dem Bones, Frankenstein & Frankenstein, Miss Alli’s Nightmare and of course Lorena Bobbitt singing “The Way We Were”. The men didn’t seem to find this piece as entertaining as I did… I wonder why? And of course, how could I forget the Lost Boys piece. Men dancing and leaping around in black leather pants…WOW… how could I forget to include that? Anyway, thanks Ladies for such an enjoyable evening!!! I am so blessed to have such great friends.

No comments: