Tuesday, October 30, 2007

5 Pairs of Shoes Later...

Quique, Quique, Quique… I know that she’s all I talk about, but she and Dustin are my life and with how crazy schedules have been the past few weeks, it feels like I have barely seen my darling husband.

Anyway, my spoiled dog usually goes over to her friend’s house down the street every day, but they were out of town last week. So… she was stuck at home every day. Big mistake!

Monday, I mistakenly left some shoes in the living room and there went that pair of shoes.

Tuesday, I forgot to close the closet door and there went 2 more pairs of shoes.

Wednesday, my mom got into to town. So I took her with me and no harm there.

Thursday, she played with her brother. Thank you Charlie and Connie!!!

Friday, I KNOW that I closed the closet door, but apparently she got in and there went 2 more pairs of shoes. (Notice how it's always my shoes... never Dustin's.)

My mom of course thinks that I spoil her way too much and that I’m not a “Pack Leader”. Too many Dog Whisperer episodes for her… so on Saturday to save any poor shoes I had left, Quique was treated to Doggy Daycare by her Grandma.

Even though this week probably cost me a couple hundred dollars or so, she is still my little angel. After daycare, she was exhausted! My cousin’s 5 month old baby was sleeping on the sofa, but every so often, Quique would get up, go over to Isaac and just lick his hand. When they were putting Isaac in his car seat, Quique went right up to the car seat and laid right next to it like a protective mama. So my cousin took out Isaac to pet Quique. Quique immediately rolled onto her back all submissive to let Isaac pet her.

It’s precious moments like that when I could care less about 5 pairs of shoes.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Bummer!!! I would be so mad - you are handeling it a lot better than I would. Diva chewed up some new glasses I bought when she was a puppy, and I about had a meltdown. Darn those adorable dogs!

Jennifer Stofiel said...

I am thinking..... your feet smell and that is why she likes your shoes over dustin's. So may I suggest: http://www.curestinkyfeet.com/ (go on look at the website I KNOW you you want to see if I made it up....)

Jennifer Stofiel said...

P.S As i recall your mom spoiled the toy poodle. Hi Ann!

JT said...

Jennifer, we all knew who had the stinky feet... and it wasn't me!