Friday, November 2, 2007

aaaaaahhhhh Freak Out!

I learned something new about myself last night. I am horrible in intense and critical situations. I better improve in this area before motherhood or else I have a long and scary road ahead of me!

Last night Charlie came over to play with Quique for a little while before I was off to Dinner Club. I was making my soup and half the time they play right around my feet. I was on the phone with April when I heard growling and whining. I tried to get the dogs to knock it off, but it got worse. I couldn’t tell what was happening. One of them kept letting out a whine that sounded more like a cry. I couldn’t imagine that one would ever try to hurt the other, but when I tried to break it up, I couldn’t. That’s when I literally freaked out! Dustin was in the front yard raking leaves. I tried to yell “Dustin” or even “Help” but all that came out was a scream. I wouldn’t even call it a scream… more like a shriek or shrill. Luckily it was high pitched enough and Dustin came running in. Although I knew he was panicked, he got right in to figure out what was going on. Quique, in her attempt to take of Charlie’s collar, got her lower jaw stuck in his collar. Her jaw was so jammed in there Dustin grabbed scissors in an attempt to cut off Charlie’s collar. Luckily, Charlie’s collar was a plastic clasp and I was able to take off the collar and the dogs were able to break free of each other. Charlie has a sweet tender heart and was a little uneasy at first, but eventually he was okay so I took him home. I think it almost scared Charlie more than Quique. I am so grateful that Quique was all right too. I am so blessed that she didn’t tweak her neck or break her jaw. I don’t know what I would’ve done.

I knew that I immediately had to call April back to let her know that everything was okay since all she heard was my panicked yelps that turned into piercing screams. She didn’t know what was going on. She heard me screaming and then a man’s voice and she didn’t know that Dustin was home. She was on her way to come “save” me. Once I called her she realized that it probably wasn’t smart to be coming into my house if I was getting attacked, but I was grateful. Another neighbor called to check on me to. She lives about 4 houses down… how embarrassing! Morals of the Story: Take the dogs collars off when they play, screaming probably only made the dogs more scared and didn’t solve anything, lean on Dustin in emergency situations and thank heavens for awesome neighbors!

No comments: