Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Autumn!

Once my dad’s birthday hits, it’s the season of birthdays. One of my dearest friends in the whole world turned 3-0 on Saturday. Autumn and I have a very unique friendship. It’s actually quite an interesting story (for me anyway). I was living in Salt Lake and she moved in with one of my friends that lived in Provo (45 minutes south of SLC). We probably met somewhere around March or April of 99 and she moved back to Arizona in July or August of that same year. It’s so crazy when I think about it. We just hit it off instantly. It was like I already knew her... it was like friends at first sight! Anyway, we’d hang out a bunch and by the time she was about to leave we had become the greatest of friends. Since then, we have never lived near each other and we probably only see each other a week out of a year (if we’re lucky) so for the most part our friendship has been over the phone. Who knows somebody for 3-4 months and then is able to hold onto a friendship… a friendship where you talk on the phone almost every week??? I know it sounds like some weird love story, but any time we tell people about it, they are in awe. So are we.

It feels like we have so many crazy stories and memories and yet we’ve maybe been in the same vicinity of each other for a total of 6 or 7 months of our lives. We haven’t been able to see each other much, but she has been a rock for me and a support system that I will always be grateful for. She wasn’t able to get pregnant her first time for about 3 or 4 years so she has been able to talk me through this process. When I feel like it’s just too hard, she tells me what I need to hear and she gives me the hope I need to keep moving forward. I love her like a sister and I am so thankful for all of the precious memories that we have. She’s now pregnant with number 3 and it was a bit of a miracle baby so her story and journey help to give me faith through mine. Autumn, I love you so much and I am so grateful for our friendship. There have been some trials in my life when I am not sure if I would have been able to survive them without you. Thank you and Happy Birthday! One of these days we’ll have to celebrate it in person!

The second picture is of us with Autumn's oldest (she's now 3) - Breckyn Jamie (yes named after me!)

No comments: