Monday, November 12, 2007

Guaranteed He'll Never Guarantee Again

I haven't talked much about University of Utah Football, which is surprising because it pretty much consumes our lives (main reason that Dustin hasn't contributed much to this blog yet). This year we have attended almost every game home or away which means that we haven't had too many Saturdays to do stuff around the house. This week we played Wyoming. It was interesting because at the beginning of the week, Wyoming's head coach guaranteed a win. You've heard players do that before, (especially the ones from that team down south) but usually not from the coach. In interviews during the week, he also talked down Utah’s talent. This was a bad idea! Utah went into the game and crushed those Cowboys 50-0 (40-0 at halftime)... ouch! The big controversy was that in the third quarter Utah attempted an onside kick. Wouldn't necessarily have been the choice that I would have made seeing as though the score was 43-0, but after watching too many games of prevent defense (you know... the defense that only prevents wins), it was nice to see that 3rd quarter they were still going strong. Joe Glenn, Wyoming's coach responded as he flipped off Coach Whit (I guess he wasn’t too fond of the onside kick). When 4th quarter came around, they took out most of the starters and called off the dogs. Dustin and I decided that we probably won’t be making the trip to Laramie, WY next year for the game (the fans up there aren't too happy with Coach Whit’s decision).

So that was the drama of the game. The highlights were first of all that we won! Other high points were my brother in law, Steve had an interception (3rd game straight) and 2 tackles for loss. Also, the fake punt that should have resulted in a 40 yard touchdown by the Defensive Tackle A’asa, the great chili I made for tailgating (gotta love getting a hold of secret recipes), and of course sitting with my precious nephew, Bo during the game. He was killing me! He's 18 months and so cute. Every time he’s sees a football game or one on TV he always says “dada dada”. Here are some highlights from the game:
  • At the beginning of the game pointing out Steve every 2 seconds or shrugging his shoulders and saying “dada” as if he doesn’t know where he went.
  • Pointing to the letters on my “Tate it to the house” shirt and being so amused when I would tell him what letter it was.
  • Trying to feed me my glasses desperately wanting me to eat them.
  • Sitting on my lap and arching back so that I could tickle his stomach. Nothing sweeter than the giggle of a baby or toddler for that matter.

The second half wasn’t quite as entertaining so thank goodness for Bo. Proud Aunt Moment: Savanna said Bo’s favorite thing to do right now is to watch their wedding video. Every time he watches it, when he sees me he says “Jamie” (or something that sounds similar). He doesn’t call out any of his other aunts and uncles (although he says duh for Dustin). I think that makes me pretty special (or at least I think so).

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Steve rocked it in the Wyoming game. He was amazing!!

PS. Dinner after Thanksgiving week!