Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

My name is Jamie and I'm a snow hater! Yes I live in Utah and I hate the snow. Now don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but I absolutely HATE driving in it. I was supposed to go to a shoe party tonight where there are all sorts of shoes for $20 and under. After all of the shoes my dog has destroyed, I was so excited! But no... it had to snow and I was too afraid to drive so I didn't go. I let snow get in the way of me buying shoes, what is wrong with me? Then, I was on my way home from work, driving 5 miles under the speed limit and there is this truck on my tail for about 5 miles and then he shines his brights at me... what's that about? There are 3 other lanes, buddy, and it's snowing, take a chill pill!

Well.. enough of all that negativity. The one thing that I do absolutely love about the snow, I realized last winter which was my first winter with my sweet puppy. She L-O-V-E-S the snow. In fact when Dustin let her out front to play, she wouldn't even come back in (please excuse the poor photography). Last winter we took her and her brother up Millcreek Canyon for a hike and she was all over the place rolling around in the snow and digging her head and body into the snow, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I think she probably walked twice as many miles as I did since she virtually did a zigzag through the trail. I was so sad when the summer was ending and I knew that it would be months and months until I would see her swim again, but watching her roll around in the snow tonight and catch snowballs in her mouth made me realize just how much fun this winter will be with her. This is going to be my 11th winter in Utah... yikes! And I've only caused one accident (I did a 360 on I-15... not pretty), and only slid off the road a couple of times. I can make it through another snow season... right? I'm sure there will be many more Quique snow stories (are you sick of my dog yet?). And I promise that I will try to focus on all of the positive things about the snow (e.g. the skiers (Dustin) are happy, we need the moisture, feels like Christmas... etc.) this winter. Wish me luck!

Update: My friend from work called me this morning and said that she saw about 35 accidents on her way home to Park City last night. It's only about a 30 minute drive from my house (in regular weather conditions). I hope this isn't the beginning of rough driving days ahead. See... I'm already being negative again. I just need to keep telling myself - I love the snow, I love the snow, I love the snow...

2 comments:

Jennifer Stofiel said...

RIGHT THERE WITH YA SISTA! I am scared to death to drive in the snow. Sears Driving School did not do it's job teaching me to drive in such conditions. ODE to Sears Driving School: the only driving school, where you can get a new outfit, a Cinnabon & your drivers license all in the same place)

JT said...

You just brought back so many memories of driving school! Thanks you Sears and Sunvalley Mall!!