Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Active Dreamer

So the other night, I woke up in the middle of the night to my entire bed shaking. I looked over at Dustin and he was on his back with his legs kicking in the air and the rest of his body convulsing. At first I thought he may be having a seizure. I was finally able to wake him up and he stopped and then mumbled something as he drifted back to sleep.

The next morning I asked him if he had remembered what had happened the night before and told him out it had scared me. He informed me that all that he could remember from his dream was kicking something. If what his body was doing was anything like what was happening in his dream; that is a sight I would have liked to have seen. It was hysterical! I’ve never seen anybody kick with both legs quite the way Dustin pulled it off. Unfortunately, my description doesn’t do the visual justice.

Dustin talks in his sleep, grinds his teeth in his sleep and twitches in his sleep (one time resulting in me taking a fist in the jaw) but this was the first time his entire body was moving. I’m just waiting for the time when he starts sleep walking. That may really freak me out!

4 comments:

AP said...

Just wait until he dreams you are "camping" and pees in the corner of your bedroom. It's not cool--believe me.

Jennifer Stofiel said...

ha ha. Dustin please dream you are camping! Ask Jamie her nickname.

AP said...

Interesting. What is your nickname?

JT said...

April, Hysterical! I totally forgot about that.
Jennifer, very funny...ha ha ha! Some things are just better left unsaid or remembered for that matter.