Sunday, January 6, 2008

Back from the Holidays

So, the holidays were obviously hectic. Much more so for my wife than for me. And for proof, look no further than seeing two consecutive posts from Dustin before Jamie posts at all. Not likely to happen again any time soon.

For those who care, the Poinsettia Bowl was a lot of fun. Utah nearly found a way to lose the game, only to barely hold on. But it was the best bowl game that I've been to - in terms of the crowd atmosphere and organization. It was really a treat to play against a team like Navy. Their fanbase is very committed, and they were all very classy. They have a team ritual, where the cadets march on the field and do a military yell for their opponent, and then yell "Go Navy", and run to their seats. Then, win or lose, at the end of the game, they invite the opposing team to sing their school hymn with them, and then they go sing the opponents fight song with them. It was really cool.

After the game, Steve signed with Weddle's agent, and he left today to Hawaii to prepare for the Hula Bowl, for top seniors across the country to showcase their talent in front of NFL scouts. Not bad. He gets to go to Ko'Olina, Hawaii twice in seven months.
Wait. I hope that I didn't wake him up by typing his name. At the game, Eric, as well as his agent, gave me a bit of a hard time because they get google alerts every time their names appear online. So, in my last post, when I wrote about them, they both were waken up by their google alerts. Little did they know that they were going to be waken up at 4 am (in the case of the agent, who lives in Florida, three hours ahead of California time), only to see that their name appeared in the highly underrated blog "Tate Chronicles". In any event, Eric's as classy of an individual that you'll ever find. And I was relieved to see that his Chargers crept past the first round of the playoffs today. I'm hoping that they knock off the Colts next week. Go EW!

That's it for my San Diego trip. I've included my album. Click on the link, and you'll see my flickr album of the SD trip.
San Diego Trip

No comments: