Friday, January 18, 2008

Duddies and Yamie

Most people know us as Dustin and Jamie, but in the world of our nephew Bo, it's Duddies and Yamie. It was Savanna's birthday on Wednesday so Steve took her out to dinner and I had the distinct honor of watching Bo. At almost 20 months old, he has more personality than he knows what to do with. When he was walking up to our house, Steve asked him who's house it was... his response was Quique. Little does anyone realize just how right he is! When he walked in he saw me and gave me a big smile and then gave me his perplexed face with scrunched eyebrows and a tightened mouth (it's the signature Bo look). "Duddies?" He didn't understand why Duddies wasn't at the door to greet him too.

Quique gets so excited any time one of the kids comes over, she loves kids so much! She just kept kissing Bo, whether it be his hand or his face or his back when he bent over. One time Bo leaned over to her said "kisses" and then kissed her mouth and Quique licked him. For any of you not grossed out by that, it was adorable!!!

That night I had to go to Young Women (church) since I was leading the activity that night so I brought Bo. From the moment he arrived, I don't think that he stopped talking. Now when Bo talks it's ja bla di la ma cha ra ta star dah blah de. In other words, there are usually a whole bunch of words that I don't understand mixed in with some that I do. So he was walking around the perimeter of the room at church saying his jibberish and then points up to a picture on the wall and says "Jesus" and then continues with the jibberish. It took me a second to realize, wait, that kid just said Jesus!

When we got home, "Mom and Dad" were ready to take Bo home, but first he wanted to go downstairs and play with the cars some more. Dustin and I seriously have 3 or 4 toys for the nephews to play with and we always think that it is so funny how they always want to stay and play more. I can guarantee that their toys at home are a lot more fun than what we have to offer. So after a little bit of playing, it was time to go home. Another funny thing that Bo does is he will tell on you if you're doing something he doesn't like. Anyway, Steve picked up Bo to take him home. Bo immediately starts in"Duddies (followed by some jibberish and then points at Steve) no daddy (followed by more jibberish). He was trying to tell on his Daddy to Dustin. Pure Entertainment! (And these were only a couple highlights from the 3 hours we spent with him).

We have been blessed with such awesome nephews, each with their own distinct personality. Even though the oldest just turned 3, it has been so fun watching them grow and learn and watching their personalities unfold. Of course the spoiling part is a lot of fun too. The only thing more fun than being an aunt is probably being a mom and maybe a Grandma, but those I have yet to experience. I love being an aunt!!!

3 comments:

The Cooper Family said...

I completely understand! Being an aunt is soooo much fun! I love to see Jennie's 4 girls when they visit, and talk to them on the phone when they are home. I can't wait for Stacey's little girl to be born in May! I also have a few nephews and neices on my husbands side and I love spending time with all of them!

Jessie

Kelley Hauck said...

so I totally ran into your blog through randomness- but so fun to read about your fun life. I haven't been brave enough to start one, knowing I won't keep it up. But nonetheless wanted to let you know I was reading and saying HI!
Love,
Kelley Hauck

JT said...

Jessie,
I can't believe all of you Coffman's have or are having kids... crazy!!!

Kelley,
How are you??? You have to start a blog. You have a lot more to talk about than me with two kids so take the plunge and do it!!!