Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm Baaaack!

Yes, I know! It has been a few weeks since I’ve jumped back on the blog bandwagon. I’m a slacker… what else can I say? Here is my list of excuses: my mom and sister were in town for two weeks over the holidays, I started a new job (same department, new responsibilities) and and excuse for Dustin is that he is heading a new project at his work and they are opening some new stores beginning this month so things have been a little hectic in the Tate household.

Christmas was great! It is always so wonderful to have family around to spend it with. I actually stayed up to ring in the New Year this year with some great friends and my mom, of course. Usually Dustin and I do our goals for the upcoming year and then I just go to sleep, but not this year!

So much has happened over the last two weeks that I would hate to bore you with the details, but I have one cute story about our sweet puppy that I wanted to share. You haven’t had too many Quique stories so I want to share this one for the blog archive. A few days before Christmas, I hit up Petco and got some treats, toys and a cute “paw” stocking for Quique for Christmas. I put everything in the spare bedroom since that was my junk room during the holidays. Whatever the case, later that day, Quique followed me in the room and when I turned around her nose was in the Petco bags sniffing around. I immediately shooed her out of the room and closed the door behind me, or so I thought. A little while later, I was sitting on the couch chatting it up with my mom and sister when I heard squeaking. I figured it was just Quique playing with one of her toys, but then I remembered that none of her current toys had the squeakers left, only the new toys did. I ran into the spare bedroom and there she was chomping away on one of her new toys. That stinker!!! I kicked her out of the room once again and then she just sat in front of the closed door whining. She continued to do this until Christmas. Sometimes she would just walk by and whine, other times she would stop and sit, but she certainly didn’t forget what was in that room. It was just like a little kid that had found her presents and couldn’t understand why she couldn’t play with them since she knew they were hers. Just another reminder to myself that I do in fact have a child! She may have fur, but she is as human as you get, without being human.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Very cute story. Oh those labs! I'm quickly realizing how mischevious they really are. I just love them.

Glad you had a Merry Christmas with your mom and sister.