Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm Spoiled!

On Saturday I had to work, so apparently that day Dustin had the great idea to make me dinner on Sunday night. This is probably the second time that Dustin has made me dinner, (not including reheating dinner from the night before) since we’ve been married. And for Sunday, we’re not just talking pasta or salad, we are talking the works! He was actually on the computer looking for recipes as to how to cook our fabulous dinner.

Drum roll… he grilled up some steaks or shall I say pan-fried steaks and made an excellent bleu cheese butter for the top. He cooked mussels in some type of sauce made with garlic, green onions and who knows what else and how could the meal be complete without two crab legs. WOW!!! It was awesome!


So while Dustin cooked and learned the art of multi-tasking in the kitchen (at least I got some empathy there) I was able to kick back on the couch, catch up on food blogs and watch football while smelling all of the wonderful aromas from the kitchen. In all fairness, I do love to cook so I don’t expect Dustin to do the cooking. But can I tell you how wonderful it was to sit back, relax and be catered to! It was truly amazing! I love my husband so much and I was so blown away by this romantic and thoughtful gesture. He didn’t just make me dinner, he made me a feast! I don’t even think he can begin to realize just how much I appreciated our Sunday dinner. It was one of the best! Thanks My Love! Maybe I should work Saturdays more often...

PS A very special THANK YOU to Liz. This meal couldn't have been made possible without the cloves of garlic she gave us. Thanks Liz!

3 comments:

Mark Robbins said...

Nice job DT. JT you deserved it. This has inspired me to take Sarah to Taco Bell.

AP said...

I am IMPRESSED!

Lizzy said...

My mouth is watering. Dustin, I am very impressed! (And, I am laughing so hard at Marks comment...sounds like Anton!)