Thursday, December 20, 2007

San Diego



So, I'm in San Diego to watch my brother's final college football game, and I've come to some conclusions:

1. I'm going to miss watching him play for my beloved Utes. It's really a fun time to go to these games and get to see the team and program on a more personal level. It's been a blast - and hopefully it all ends on a very positive note.

2. San Diego is the perfect city. Seriously - the climate, the cleanliness, the beaches, the food (the best mexican food, great seafood). As most know, I travel very often - mostly internationally. For example, I've been to the Caribbean twice in the past month, and I also travel to Florida regularly. And the only reason I mention that is to emphasize the fact that I'm familiar with various resort locations, and as such, I can safely say that San Diego would be the first place I'd like to live. If it didn't require a 100-year mortgage to buy a house here, I'd move here tomorrow.

As for the bowl game, I think it's going to be a good time. I wish that my lovely wife were with me. As I walked along the Seaport boardwalk as the sun set tonight, I had to call her just to let her know how much I missed her.

Supposedly, there is going to be a full house tomorrow night. They expect a record 47,000 fans - of which, 30,000 will be Navy fans and supporters. Utah will likely have around 12,000. It should be a great atmosphere. Now, I just hope that the game is great. Considering that they run the option, it should be the perfect game for Steve to showcase his talent. He could easily be the bowl MVP, which would be great. I was just watching ESPN, and they were giving a preview of the game, and they said that Steve was their player to watch for - and they said he'd likely be a 5th or 6th round NFL draft pick. Whoa! (for a thorough break-down of the game, and some great featured articles on Steve, go to my Ute blog at trueute.blogspot.com)

Speaking of Steve, he committed to an agent today. His name is David Canter - and he's the agent for big names like Steven Jackson, Stephen Davis, and Eric Weddle. You can see an article that ESPN wrote on him here: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/confessions/agent.html.

Steve was a little unsure as to which agent he should go with, but when David pulled some strings this week to get him into the Hula Bowl, the answer was obvious. Steve's future in football is uncertain, but I think he has the right guy who can open some doors for him. We spoke with Weddle tonight, and he said that he really likes this agent, and he's helped him quite a bit. He got him to be picked in the 2nd round, and Eric became an impact player in his first year, and his jersey is the 2nd highest sold Chargers jersey this year - only behind Tomlinson.

So, I'll enjoy the weather and the football game, knowing that I'll be returning to cold weather and no football. Oh well. At least Christmas is here.

2 comments:

JT said...

I miss you too, honey! I wish that I could be in two places at once! Go Utes!!!

Mark Robbins said...

I miss you both.Of course I mean San Diego and DT.