Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas...

So Saturday was an interesting day. With so many things going on in the month of December, I was excited to actually have some of a Saturday to get some things done. I had a schedule of everything I had to accomplish. I woke up at 8am to start my checkoff list and the snow was just coming down. There was already white everywhere and more snow coming down. I couldn't get stuff done in all that! Well, it continued to snow for the next 6 hours... grrreeeaaaat! So there went all of my dreams of getting errands done. Well, once it stopped, it really was beautiful! I am a horrible photographer, but I loved this picture of our apple tree, with some of the fruit still left on the tree with the snow.

Anyway, it ended up being a nice day. We went to dinner with the Tate's to celebrate some birthdays and then walked around Temple Square to look at the lights. It was the first time all year that it really felt like Christmas. It was crowded downtown, the horse-drawn carriages were in full spring, there were Christmas lights everywhere and everything was covered with beautiful white snow. Even though, I grew up in California, it's amazing how much I equate Christmas with snow. Growing up, my family came out to Salt Lake every year for Christmas (except for 2 in the Caribbean), so snow and Christmas go hand in hand. I never realized it until this weekend. All of a sudden, I felt the Christmas spirit. I think that looking at beautiful lights and Nativity Scenes from around the world probably helped too. Anyway, the countdown begins... 21 days 'til Christmas, but only 14 days until my Mom and sister come! I can hardly wait!!!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

That sounds exactly like my day on Saturday! I just kept looking out the window hoping it was going to let up so I could go run errands. I am so excited for you that your mom and sister are coming into town!! That will be so fun for you!