Tuesday, December 4, 2007

August Rush

On Saturday evening after a good dinner at Market Street and strolling downtown, we met up with some friends and saw the movie, August Rush. This was a movie that I have wanted to see from the first time I saw the preview. My mom and sister saw it the first weekend it was out and loved it. I thought that I was going to have to pull some teeth to have Dustin see this one with me, but Mark called and asked Dustin if we wanted to go. Mark proceeded to tell Dustin that his dad and two of his brothers had seen it and it almost brought them to tears. Dustin was sold! Of course, I never have the power to persuade Dustin, but his friends can persuade him in a heart beat. Oh well, whatever works! (I do like the sappy movies, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this one).

Without giving away too much, it was a very touching story of 2 musicians, a Julliard Cellist and a Rock Band Singer who fall in love. She (Kerri Russel from Felicity, loved that show) has a baby, but the baby is given up and she is told that he didn't survive. The boy (Peter, from Finding Neverland, great movie) has an amazing sense of music and feels that he can find his parents through music. Robin Williams also does an amazing job. The acting is phenomenal, even by a few of the kids in the movie. The actors have a way of speaking to you through their eyes and it is so powerful! It is touching, inspiring and beautiful! Even Dustin liked it! I was crying before the beginning credits and it pretty much continued through the entire movie. I do have issues in regards to crying in movies, but that was a record for me. I highly recommend it. So Rush... to see August Rush! I promise, you won't regret it.

No comments: