Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

Yes.. my mom and my husband have the same birthday (Dustin's post is below). I am sure that Freud would have some things to say about that, but hey, it works for me!

Anyway… Happy Birthday Mom! One of these days I will spend a birthday with you, but at least I get to see you in 5 days… I am so excited!

I truly have the best mom in the entire world. I feel so blessed and so lucky that she is my mom. Just the other day I called her to find out how to approach a certain situation and of course she gave me the advice that I needed. She is my friend (even though she made it perfectly clear as a teenager that she was my mother, not my friend), my moral compass, my personal Dr. Laura, my comforter, and my biggest fan. I can’t wait until I can make her a Grandmother, because she is going to be the best grandma too. (Right now her church calling is in the Nursery (with 18 month to 3 year olds) and she has about 15 or so kids and they all just adore her, of course).

Mom, you have been there for me through everything in my life. If I could go back and change one thing as to how you mothered me; I wouldn’t change a thing. I could not have asked for anything more from you. I love you so much and I hope that you and Ash have a great time at Sweeny Todd tonight!!! I wish that I could be there too. Thank you for all of the wonderful gifts and opportunities that you gave to me and thank you for being my mom. I love you!

No comments: