Thursday, April 30, 2009

Da-da

It finally happened! Taylor formulated her first word this morning. I was changing her diaper and I hear dada. I thought that it was my mind playing tricks on me and just wanting her to actually formulate words, but she just kept on saying it. I immediately call Dustin and of course he puts me into voicemail. She is still saying it until the voicemail beeps and then of course she stops. I had to tell someone so I called my mom so that I had a witness. Taylor didn't disappoint and said it about 30 more times during our conversation.

I still wanted Dustin to hear it in person and when he got home, he finally did. When she was rolling around on the ground and then turned to look up at Dustin and said "DADuh" I think that his heart completely melted... (as if she doesn't already have her daddy wrapped around her finger). Then for the next 20 minutes she rolled around saying dadadadadadada. Granted, we are both fully aware that she is formulating words/sounds and doesn't know what she is saying, but next to her giggle, it's one of the sweetest things I've heard come out of her mouth. I must say, however, I am looking forward to the day when there is another male in the house. Maybe then I will finally understand what it feels like to be the most loved person in the house. Between Taylor and Quique, Dustin is definitely the favorite. But of course I'm not jealous or anything... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in the same boat - Colin adored Ron and nobody else measures up....there are moments when Colin will turn to me and I cherish them more than ever as I know they are getting fewer and farther between!

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

How exciting! Taylor is so cute and can't wait to hear her talk!

To Be Determined said...

I think every little girl says dada first. It is in our genes, we know the softy in the family.