Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Fever

Since growing up in Cali, I still struggle with winters here in Utah. I can usually handle it until about the beginning of January and then I am done. This tends to be a problem since we still see snow in April and sometimes even May! Dustin has always been a big lover of the 4 seasons, but I think the 4 seasons that I experienced in Northern California were just perfect. However it was funny a few weeks back when we had one of those just perfect evenings in the 70s and Dustin made some comment that he could live in that 365 days per year. I was in shock! Apparently my hubby has gone a little soft. Maybe I won't always have to live in snow???

Anyway, we enjoyed a great week with sunshine (until yesterday) so we made a few visits to Tanner Park aka Disneyland for Dogs. There is quite a run off from the mountains so the current was pretty strong in some of the streams. Sometimes it was like a swimming treadmill, but she did get pushed around a few times and I got a little nervous, but Quique really is an amazing swimmer... it must be in the genes :) We watched my two and four year old nephews play soccer or watched one of them not play soccer. I was thoroughly entertained. We were also able to meet up with some friends from the park, spend some time in the yard and just enjoy all of the Vitamin D that the sunshine had to offer! I can't wait until the cold rain and snow are gone for good!

The only time our Labrador Retriever will actually "retrieve" takes place when there is a stick and water for her to swim in.

Could my baby Quique be any cuter???

Off to retrieve a stick...

This is the view as we walked down one of the trails. You can see Quique off to the right. When we go to this park she never runs straight down the trails, she zig-zags back and forth across the trails.

She is such an awesome swimmer. She pretty much just floats on the water and her tail is like a rudder on a boat. It's amazing how natural swimming is for her.
Does it get more beautiful than that? (Well not me, but my two beautiful babies and the scenery as we start our way down the trail). And you are still looking at some bare trees that haven't bloomed yet!

4 comments:

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

75 degree weather is just perfect for me, but I really love 4 seasons. If you go live somewhere with good weather all year long that would mean you wouldn't be living here : ( Have a good weekend and see you Sunday

To Be Determined said...

I also find snow very difficult. But I am so happy when the weather finally gets warm.

Look who I found Heather Mayo. I looked through her blog and there is even a Colin Kelley sighting. http://theolsontwins.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Quique is too cute. I love the pics of her swimming. I am hoping to get Marley swimming this summer, but I'm a very protective dog mother and worry that she wouldn't come back. I need to get over it and just let her go enjoy herself.

WIKKY said...

I am so jealous that I don't live there anymore. My parents house was within walking distance of Tanner park and the gully. I spent many hours down there with our lab, Seige.
We have a lab now, Sadie that we were nervous about taking so early but maybe we will make the trek to just let her swim. This is the best weather!
Glad you could enjoy!
(I am a friend of Dustin's in case you were worried about blog stalking!, ha.)