Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Last night Dustin and I watched Slumdog Millionaire. In my "older" age, I haven't been as big of a fan of the rated "R" movies. I think that I'm just a little weaker and can't handle the violence, the language or other things (that will remain nameless so that I don't get any weird hits on my blog). Anyway, to my point, I'm more selective of the movies I do watch and I don't usually rely on the Academy Awards to dictate what I do and don't watch. Anyway, Dustin got home from a business trip a week or so ago and watched this movie on the plane and couldn't stop raving about it, so we decided to buy it yesterday. It was phenomenal. It is easily one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I loved the story line, I loved learning about the cultural parts of India and I loved the acting, especially of the children (I have always had this obsession with little kids speaking a foreign language). I think it's the cutest thing in the whole world! The movie was heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time. One of Dustin's business associates in Belize is from India and said that it really is a real depiction of the slums of India which is so crazy to see. I'm honestly not 100% sure as to the R rating, probably just the reality of the poverty, a little bit of language and some of the situations, but I loved it! At the end of the movie, it was similar as to how I felt after watching Wicked, I just wanted to hit rewind and watch it again!

2 comments:

To Be Determined said...

I agree, that is a fantastic movie.

But it is so an R Rated Movie. There is poverty, language, violence, smooching.

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to see this for awhile and finally it came out on video....glad that it is getting good reviews from REAL people, I never rely on the critics!