Monday, November 3, 2008

2 Months Already!!!

I want to apologize in advance for my spelling errors. I promise I am smart, but sometimes when there is a screaming child in the background, I sometimes just push 'publish post' without proof reading what I have written. So please excuse any weird sentences or grammatical errors. I promise I'm a college graduate, but I'm still trying to multi-task with the mom thing.

Anyway... today Taylor is 2 months! A part of me can't believe it and the other part is like only two months? Whatever the case, Taylor truly is one of the loves of my life and it has just gotten better every day. So many people have been asking us how much she weighs or how tall she is and we had no idea. You would think we would have a scale at home, but we still don't. So we had the big drum roll and our Baby Buddha is 10 lbs and 21 inches long. Now compared to those of you with kids like my nephew Bo who popped out at 10 lbs and 22 inches long, that may seem like a peanut, but when she has gained 4 pounds and grown three inches since she was born and your pediatrician tells you that she couldn't be growing any better than she has... it is a huge sigh of relief!

So here are some new and wonderful things we've learned about and experienced with Taylor over the past month.

  • Taylor is still sleeping in the cradle in our room. I honestly can't tell you why she hasn't made it to the crib... maybe it's subconscious????
  • When I go to give Taylor kisses. she opens her mouth... it's hysterical!

  • I've learned that you need to make sure to clean behind your baby's ears when giving them a bath... Thank you April!
  • She has now been to two Utah football games (and watched heaven knows how many more games on TV) and she has been to at least 5 or so Volleyball Games. She's a sports girl already!
  • She is smiling up a storm. Her first real smile was at her dad in our Sunday School class at church on 10/12 and I just remember my eyes welling up with tears and I will never forget how precious that moment was.
  • She loves being held. It was in the evening during one of her cranky times and she was just screaming for a bottle. I made one up, picked her up and laid her on my lap getting ready to feed her. She immediately stopped crying and just looked up at me and smiled. Darn those babies learn manipulation at an early age!
  • At our church, we call her the ward baby. I don't think that I've really had to hold her much. Between the young women and everyone else in the ward it's pretty much like I get 3 hours off at church. Sometimes she even sits in a different pew for a bit!
  • Quique is still obsessed with Taylor's toys, but I love those early morning feedings when she is falling asleep in my arms and Quique is laying by my feet. There is nothing better than being surrounded by my two favorite girls.
  • Thank heavens for the swing... it has been a life saver!
  • The vacuum cleaner and loud continuous noises soothe her. Some times Dustin will just voice aaaaaaaaahhhhh in a loud voice until he runs out of air and it always seems to settle her down.
  • She usually averages at least 1 span of 6-7 hours of sleep each night. How lucky am I?

  • Her red hair catches all of the attention. Whenever we are out and about, we get stopped by at least one person.

  • When she's upset, the Utah fight song still makes her smile (of course only when her dad sings it).

  • I love listening to her coo. I wish she could tell me all that she knows, because I know she knows more than I do.

  • I love it when she is smiling at something near me, but not me. I truly believe that she sees someone. I like to think it's my Grandma and Grandpa.

  • She loves her weekly visits with her Grandma TT for a couple of hours and her webcam visits with her Grandma Ann. (Although Taylor and I have sometimes dropped the ball on some of those visits), but she will sit and coo when I put Grandma Ann on speaker phone and Taylor listens to her talk.

I'm sure that is way more information than you wanted or needed. Today was a really good day. Even though Taylor had to get some shots which made her cry, it was the best feeling for both Dustin and I as we were able to soothe her after her shots. I couldn't imagine not being in the room with her while getting her shots. Afterward I held and rocked her and Dustin sang her the Utah fight song. It was a beautiful moment. Since then she has wanted to be held up until now so I thought that I would quickly write down my thoughts. The only picture I could get of her today was while she was sleeping, but it's a beautiful sight that I could watch for hours and hours.

Our beautiful gift from God and Jami

11 comments:

JKAndrus said...

That was such a beautiful post. I am so happy for you guys! I still need to stop by and drop off your gift. Are you around on Friday? Maybe we could meet for lunch. Let me know!

The Cooper Family said...

Jamie,

What a beautiful post! I agree with the red hair, Jackson, my oldest has bright red hair, and I am always getting stopped by it! I have even had people ask me to come to the hair dresser with them, so they could have it copied! People are fascinated with it! Your little girl is beautiful, and I am so happy for you and Dustin that she came into your life! Thank you Jami for bringing Taylor into the world for Jamie and Dustin to love!

AP said...

Way to make me cry--seriously. That was the sweetest post.

Lauren said...

Jamie- You are an awesome mom. Taylor is a lucky girl to have parents like you and Dustin.

busywithtwoboys said...

Jamie - your daughter is beautiful, congrates! I have been meaning to write a note since I found out you became a mommy. I hope you enjoy every minute. One day you turn around and they are all grown up.
Delinah

The Tate Family said...

That seriously brought tears to my eyes! I can totally feel the love you have for her! That was definitely a beautiful post!

Stephanie said...

How sweet! I can tell you are enjoying the benefits of having a little one. You very lucky with the sleeping schedule.

Heather said...

Congrats on the big 2 month birthday! Sounds like an amazing journey and I love the re-cap of all her latest. All my love to Taylor. Can't wait till you come visit California.

Lizzy said...

loved the post. you are the most darling mom! i love watching you with her...it is so sweet. we love little taylor!

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

That was such a cute post! So she is 10 lbs? What percentile was she? She is such a beautiful little girl. We are so happy for you!

Mark Robbins said...

You are Edward!!!