Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a Week!

It has certainly been one of the crazier weeks. Dustin was out of town for a few days, which always seems to make the days a little bit longer. But mainly it was volleyball, volleyball, volleyball this week. As I've mentioned before, I work with the Young Women in our church and they made it to a region tournament for volleyball which was great, but made it a really long week! Our sweet little Taylor was a spectator for close to 15 hours of volleyball in the span of 3 days and she was a champ! The girls played awesome and if we had had all of the girls for all of the games, we probably would have won the whole thing! But instead, we settled for 3rd place, which was so great!!! I am definitely getting old because this was exhausting for me and I didn't even play!

As for the latest Taylor updates, when I prop her up in the corner of the couch, this past week she has been pulling herself up past sitting position which usually ends up with a nose dive into the couch, so I decided to try her out in the Bumbo chair to see if I was getting way too ahead of myself and look what happened...
She was awesome! She was actually sitting up in her chair without her head bobbling all over the place. I was so excited that I took a picture of her on my phone and sent it off to her dad and grandma. Since I had to talk about it with someone, I walked over to Liz's house to make sure that this was okay and I wasn't torturing my poor child. We sat her up on Liz's counter and she just cooed and smiled at Liz... it was adorable! After that we came home to try out Baby Einstein. When I was out for a church activity on Wednesday, Dustin bathed, fed and showed Baby Einstein to Taylor, so I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. She was glued! I couldn't believe it. My two month old stared at the tv longer than I can hold her attention... it was hysterical!

Then on Saturday, after some chores, we watched a lot of college football. In fact, Taylor was so into the game, I couldn't even get her to look at me for more than a minute. A Ute and a football fan... as if she hadn't stolen her daddy's heart already!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, she so cute! Jonathon loved his bumbo seat too!

The Tate Family said...

HILARIOUS! She is getting so chunky! I can't wait to meet her this weekend! Hopefully we don't overwhelm her with loves!

The Halls said...

Oh my goodness she is getting to big to fast!! I love my BUMBO! its the best! She is beautiful!!!

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

Wow! What a big girl!! She is such a cute little chub! I love it.