Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We're Going Bowling (BCS Style)

Well Saturday was one of those truly amazing days. The Utah Utes went 12-0 for the second time in 4 years with 2 different coaches - HISTORIC! I remember getting bundled up early 4 years ago to go to College Game Day at the University of Utah with Dustin and his dad. It was a special day and in some ways even more special. We slaughtered everyone we played in 2004, but this year it was not at all expected at the beginning or even middle of the year for that matter. I will say that I was a little more confident going to a Bowl Game in '04. I was ready to go head to head with USC, Oklahoma or Auburn, but this year, my confidence isn't quite as strong. It looks like we may be going to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans and assuming that Alabama beats Auburn and loses to Florida we'll be playing Alabama. How crazy is that? My hope is that we have a good showing and that we don't get creamed! :) It was an amazing season and I'm so glad that Taylor was able to take part by attending a couple of the games. We opted not to take her on Saturday, however we stayed surprisingly warm, so she probably could have gone. That was the only thing missing on Saturday night. It was such a fun game and the Utes put together an amazing game plan that gave them the W!

When it was a week or so before the TCU game and looking like a BCS bowl was a possibility, I asked my mom what she thought about us going to a bowl game for a couple of days since she is going to be visiting us at that time. The rest of the conversation went as follows:

Me: What do you think about us leaving you for a few days while you're visiting.
Mom: Would you leave Taylor with me?
Me: Yeah.
Mom: Well then I don't care what you guys do.

Apparently I am no longer the apple of my mom's eye. I guess the truth hurts sometimes. Anyway, it was an amazing day and an amazing season! Can't wait to find out for sure where we're going on 12/7!

Fiesta Bowl 2004 - before the new Stadium was built


Utah win over BYU (11/22/08) - 12-0 Baby!

No comments: