Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

So today is the first Halloween with a child and it's only 3pm and I'm about ready to go to bed! Halloween has always been one of my favorite Halloweens. I think the dressing up, the candy and it kicks off the holiday season! The only bad thing about Halloween that I've discovered in the past 10 years is that it's that much closer to snowfall and by January, I can pretty much do without snow.

Anyway, we started off on Saturday with a trip to Boo with the Zoo with the Heath's and the Larsen's which was a ton of fun. There were about 3 random people who asked if they could take a picture of Taylor because they though she looked so darling. Nothing warms a mom's heart more than that!

Izzy and Dylan and cousins Tate and Bryson

Taylor and my cousin's daughter Emery

My sweet little chunk


The Fam

Today we met up with my mother in law who teaches at an Elementary School and Taylor met up with a few of her cousins and two of her aunts!Taylor loved the 2nd grade program. As they sang and recited Halloween poems she just smiled and cooed away.Bryson, Tate and Grandma Chris

Bryson is always making us laugh...

Next stop was for mom to run home and change into her Halloween costume so that we could head up to Dustin's work. They do a trick or treat through the building and then a big lunch for everyone which is always a lot of fun. Honestly, I always see some of the most amazing costumes when we go there. Dustin and I were a little behind on costumes this year so since Taylor was an elephant and it is election year, our little conservative family couldn't go wrong with this:

Sarah Palin, the Elephant and Joe the Plumber

Now I get to rest for a minute or two and then off to the Trunk or Treat and then tonight will be a relaxing night as we watch all of the neighborhood kids come around in their costumes and eat homemade clam chowder and caramel apples and snuggle up with our bundle of joy. I don't think it could be a better night!

3 comments:

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

I love your costumes. You looked like Sarah Palin! We had so much fun with you on Halloween. Thanks for taking those pictures.

Lizzy said...

your costumes were awesome. and taylor couldn't have been any cuter! what a little doll!!

Stephanie said...

Super cute Elephant! Wait until she can make the sound by blowing raspberries.