Friday, October 3, 2008

A Week of Firsts

I'm probably not your typical first-time mom, in other words, I'm not a total germ-a-phobe and I can't stay locked up in a house for a couple months even with a tiny baby, so I dragged Taylor around with me this week. Dustin went out of town on Monday for a couple of days so this was my first experience without any daddy relief in the evenings. But I have to say, although we missed daddy a ton, we made it okay.

So this week I learned that Taylor loves noise. In fact, I think that it relaxes her. On Tuesday, I couldn't get anyone to watch her for a couple of hours so I took her to my work team outing and we went bowling. As loud and crazy as it was... she slept virtually the entire time. I was so proud of her. Here is a pic of her wearing what was required when you threw a gutter ball.



As if that wasn't enough for one day, our church youth group had a volleyball game that night. Since daddy wasn't around, Taylor came with. It was so loud and the girls were screaming and cheering because it came down to a tie-breaking game, but Taylor was as calm as could be and even slept through part of it.

This leads us to last night. Taylor attended her first college football game. I was sad to be so out of the loop this year, so since there was supposed to be nice weather, even though it was a 7pm game, and we were playing Oregon State who upset # 1 USC last week, I justified to myself and Dustin that she would be just fine. For any of you that follow Utah or Oregon State football, you will know that I couldn't have brought her to a more intense game. It was 2 minutes to go in the game and our offense had been playing like crap for most of the game. We were down by 8 and not only did it seem impossible to get a touchdown, but a 2 point conversion as well??? Apparently I'm a bad fan and underestimated our Utes. Not only did we get the touchdown and 2-point conversion (thanks to a PI call), our defense forced OSU a 3 and out and we got the ball back with a minute to go and were able to get ourselves in field goal range to clench the game. Here I am with a 1 month old baby, screaming my head off, the crowd is going nuts and I'm jumping up and down. I called my mom after the game so worried that I had scarred poor Taylor for life.

I was telling Dustin that who knows if I will eventually get pregnant or if we will adopt all of our kids, but one things for sure, together, with our genes, we could have never produced a baby as calm as Taylor. She didn't make a peep except for when she was hungry. She slept through the 1st half and totally let her mom and dad be wild and crazy fans without making a noise. Dustin and I could never be that calm. I think that she'll be our saving grace in the years to come.

Not our best picture, but our first family outing to a football game had to be captured...



Of course we had to make sure she was representing at the game. I don't think that people usually bring a baby as small as Taylor to the games, so even though these pajamas drowned her everyone thought she sure was cute! Here's our little Ute... maybe she'll be a gymnast for Utah. That would sure make her dad proud. :)



Here's to Taylor being 1 month today!!!! We couldn't be more blessed with such an amazing little girl!

5 comments:

The Tate Family said...

Oh, She is adorable! I can't believe how sweet she is! Take advantage of her sleepiness and don't feel one bit guilty for taking her with you! You need to get out of the house for your own sanity! She is so stinkin cute!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

CONGRATS, on your new addition!!!!! she is beautiful, i love her little utes outfit!!! too cute!!! :) so ive heard so much about your family!! im marrying nick fox and i was on the phone with his mom when she was getting ready to go over to your house and drop some things off--so i got to hear a little bit of what you guys have been up to!!! so awesome you finally have a little one!!! hope to get to know you guys better!!! :)

-kaysi

Stephanie said...

She's super cute! Jonathon has the same pj's and they pants are really long for the size. I love the hat, that's one thing we don't have. Steph

Heather said...

Good for you for getting out there and doing some fun stuff. Taylor is just too cute in her Utes gear.

Lizzy said...

she is so cute I can't stand it!!! I love her!