Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Countdown...

I am a very bad blogger. But I promise the last few weeks probably haven't been interesting to anyone but Dustin and me. Last weekend Dustin was out of town for a surf expo in Orlando, so we joined some of his fam up at their cabin which was so wonderful. I swear that Taylor gets so sick of me sometimes so since dad had been at work all week and then was gone over the weekend, it was good to have a change of scenery and some faces other than mine. It was a fun weekend with two of my cute nephews, Aunt Brooke, Uncle Tyler, Grandma TT and Papa. We saw Blue Herons, pelicans, lots of bones (Tate is quite the bone collector). On top of that, we went and saw the bones of a mammoth found not too long ago as well as a Dinosaur quarry where a lot of bones were found. Very cool!

Taylor and Papa up at the cabin. On Saturday we were getting ready to go and I couldn't help but noticed that they were matching!

As for Taylor, we are officially counting down since there are now only two days left until the big 1st Birthday! I honestly can't believe how fast it has gone by. Seriously a year ago we received a phone call that there was a birth mom that wanted to meet with us, but we weren't the only couple. We figured it was a long shot and here we are with the sweetest angel in the world that has filled our lives in ways I can't even begin to describe.

But she has turned into a handful (a good one of course). Although she isn't walking on her own she is all over the place. One of her favorite activities is taking things out of drawers and cupboards. Her daddy loves coming home to that... ;)


She wants to walk, but she struggles a little with her balance. A week or so ago, Dustin was walking around the house with her and he got tired from bending over so he let her go on the floor. She screamed and screamed until he walked around with her. Almost 30 minutes later, she was still walking around but I think her legs were so tired that they would just drag behind her sometimes, but she still wouldn't stop going.

She LOVES books. We were getting ready to go to church on Sunday and when I went to take a book out of her hands so we could get in the car, she screamed until I gave her back the book. Then we were in one of our classes (still with the same book in her hand) she opened it up and started saying "da da la la ma la..." Apparently she was reading the book.

She also loves to dance. In the same class in church, the teacher played a song at the end of class which was a sweet soft hymn, but Taylor must have thought it had just the right beat because she was standing up holding on the chair and when the music started, so did her dancing. Usually she requires a little more beat in the music she dances to. I think her favorite is Michael Jackson. She did a lot of dancing during all of the media coverage of his passing when they would play his music and then it came on tv the other day and I looked over at the couch and this is what I saw... (the second time around, but the first time was so much better)



Her new found passion is the stairs. The problem is, she is great going up, but hasn't figured out how to go back down which causes a bit of a problem (This video is mainly for Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Ashley)


2 comments:

To Be Determined said...

So cute. Love the giggling. Woa, the end of the stairs video scared me a bit, I tried to catch her on my computer screen

CVH said...

Good job Taylor!! Excellent form!