Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trip to Cali

I won't bore everyone with all of the details, but we had a great trip to California. Dustin came out for a few days and then Taylor and I stayed another week. My mom got us tickets to Wicked so Dustin got to see it for the first time, we spent time with my dad and Cary, hung out in San Francisco, ate lots of wonderful food and we were able to visit some friends. All in all it was a great trip. We watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" while I was home. There is a great line (which I am totally paraphrasing and will totally butcher at the same time). Brad Pitt is talking about coming home after many years of being out to sea and says something to the effect of when you come home, it looks the same, smells the same, and even feels the same. The only thing that's changed is you.' This is so true but it made me excited for the time when Taylor is older and I can come back and show her all of the places where some of my most wonderful memories are and to see the people that I share those wonderful memories with.


Wicked - Hands down my favorite play, although I did like Glinda better the first time... before they toned down her part, but the costumes were much better the 2nd time. Dustin enjoyed it too! But maybe not quite as much as me. But before the play we had to eat at House of Sake for some sushi. My mom has been going there for so long that they give her a 15 or 20% discount every time she goes. How awesome is that!

While we were at Wicked, my dad and Cary watched Taylor and seemed to have a lot of fun! Thanks to Cary for the great pics!



Grandpa and Taylor.... love it!

My dad is one of the best cooks I know and he and Cary made us paella one night. It was excellent. Here we are hanging out at Grandpa and Cary's house!


Cary is a huge horse lover and has and awesome saddle set up in their house. Taylor is starting early... :)


Taylor's first lemon... she loves it! Her Grandma Ann will be so proud!

My dad and Cary's amazing Paella and always beautiful presentation!


Taylor loves it when daddy blows in her face. And thanks to Cary for all of the beautiful pictures she took and for allowing me to use them on the blog!



Grandma and Taylor at Tadich Grill in San Francisco


Dustin and I with our bibs, getting ready for the best cioppino. Dustin and I were so excited that we didn't even take a second to take a picture of how great it is!


Taylor riding the carousel at Pier 39

Sorry for the blurry picture... I was able to visit one of my dear friends, Heather and her new baby Roman. The picture doesn't even begin to show how cute he is.




All in all, great trip and lots of fun! Can't wait to do it again... although it was nice to come home.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

looks like so much fun! i am so happy you were able to go home and visit for a while. those pictures of tay are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Could you possibly send me your Dad's address? We need it for a little party we are throwing for my Mom this summer.

Thank you,

Hilary