Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Perfect Evening

Last night was just one of those night's that was just perfect! The birthday celebration continued last night with just the two of us (Dustin and I, of course). Dustin had planned to go to a hotel in Midway, but I think since I've been out of town, I was feeling like just staying at home. Anyway, bless Mark and Sarah's hearts for taking Taylor for the night so Dustin and I could just enjoy a night to ourselves. We went up to Park City and did a little bit of shopping at the outlets and then we were off to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse since the one in Salt Lake closed. Ruth's Chris is one of my two favorite restaurants in Utah (Cucina Toscana being the other one). Anyway as always the food and service were perfect and there was also some entertainment during dinner with a guy playing a keyboard with his 16 year old son playing the bass, and his 18 year old son singing. Right after we sat down they started singing "The Way You Look Tonight" (which was our song at our wedding). This 18 year old kid's voice was like listening to Michael Buble... it was just perfect! It was almost like we had our own private concert because our table was so close to them. I forget how important those nights are to spend just with Dustin because it was exactly what we needed and it would have never happened without Sarah and Mark and the kids. Thank you so very much!!!

P.S. Once I'm not so lazy I'll post some pics and a cute little video of Taylor from Cali. She is really developing quite a personality!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Jamie, I love keeping track of your cute family. Thanks for being such great friends to the Larsen family. Love to all of you.