Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!

Of course this is late, but I had to wish my sweet husband a very Happy Birthday! Unfortunately he has been under the weather this weekend so it doesn't make for a very happy birthday, but he's hanging in there. It was a little uneventful, but after the year we've had, I think that uneventful is just great. I was telling Dustin the other day that six months ago, neither one of us would have dreamed that we would have been blessed with a baby before his 32nd birthday.

I just want to say that I love Dustin so much and there is no way that I could have endured the last year without him by my side. He has been so positive and so patient with me through all of the frustrastions and let downs. There is no one in this world that I would have rather made this journey with than him. And now we feel more blessed than we could have ever imagined! Who better to celebrate all of this joy than him!

In addition to the birthday cheers for my hubby, my husband and mother share the same birthday... I'm sure that there is some Freudian meaning behind that, but I'm not going there. I just want to tell my mom that she is the very best mom in the world. I think back to that first week with Taylor and I would have been up a creek if she wasn't there just knowing what to do and how to handle my out of control emotions and complete disorganization that week. She has sacrificed so much for me and for Ashley and she has been the best example for the mother that I want to be with my children.

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful family and I can hardly wait to celebrate this Christmas with some of my very favorite people in the world.

2 comments:

AP said...

Awww...happy birthday, Justin. And Anne. Dustin, I hope you're feeling better, and Anne, I can't wait to see you!

Lizzy said...

happy 'late' birthday! i loved your christmas card...that little taylor melts my heart!