Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another Niece

I'm a little behind (as always), but on Tuesday, December 2nd, our niece Allie came into the world around 3pm weighing 7 lbs 6 ounces and measuring at about 21 inches long. She has a head full of black hair, just like her mommy (Dustin's sister). Although when you look at her face there is a little bit of her daddy in there, she just has a lot of her mommy.

We were able to go to the hospital on Tuesday just about an hour or so after she was born and she is just beautiful! We love her so much! So now Taylor has two girl cousins... one that is 2 months older and one that is 3 months younger. Hopefully they all don't get into too much trouble as they get older. Congratulations Lindsay and Tim!!!!

Bryson holding his cousin as we wait for Lindsay to move in to the maternity section of the hospital...

Of course I didn't pull the camera out when we were with Allie because apparently I was just too excited to see her and hold her so we went back to the hospital on Friday night so I made sure to pull out the camera. When we got there, the lady at the hospital who does the newborn pictures was taking pictures of Allie. For any of you that know Lindsay, it was no surprise that she Allie had to do a few outfit changes for the newborn pictures. It made me think back to Taylor's first couple of days in the hospital, and t is so funny for me to think of how different my mindset was. Taylor's her birth mom got newborn pictures taken at the hospital, but to be honest I don't think I ever saw the pictures nor thought twice about them. I had to make sure just to get an outfit to take her home in so that she didn't have to go home in the hospital's white long-sleeved shirt and swaddled in a hospital blanket. :)

The second meeting of Allie and Taylor

Aunt Jamie holding her precious new niece

One of these days Taylor will ham it up for the camera, but apparently she still has no interest in doing so. What's crazy to me is that Allie is even bigger than what Taylor was when we brought her home. This was the very first time when I actually thought that Taylor looked big!


So on a totally unrelated note since I am actually on the computer, I wanted to make sure to capture Taylor at her very first Jazz Game. Unfortunately her good luck from the Utah football games wore off and the Jazz lost to Miami but she was an angel through the entire game. I think she really loves the lights and she's already become a people watcher at her early age!

Goooooo Jazz!

3 comments:

Ally said...

So good to see you the other night!

Heather said...

Congrats on the niece! So fun that Taylor has 2 cousins so close in age. She is too cute! You truly capture some amazing moments. I love being able to see and read about all the latest and greatest.

The Tate Family said...

Thank you so much for posting pictures of Allie....Hilarious that Taylor looks so big compared to her! That last picture, at the Jazz game is SO cute!