Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Snowmobiling

Although I live in Utah, I think that I have only gone snowmobiling once and it was before I moved here 10 years ago. Anyway, we had an outing with work and the plan was to drive up to Daniel's Summit to go snowmobiling. For those of you that know me, you probably know that I did not want to go. I strongly dislike the snow. It's good until about January 5th and then I am done. And after a rough winter of too much snow and too much cold weather, the last thing that I wanted to do was drive to more snow and more cold. Having never driven my own snowmobile and the only memory of my last experience was riding with both my dad and my sister and continually getting stuck in the powder, I was not excited, however that lack of excitement quickly changed.
As I finally started to get the hang of it, it was so much fun! Then I actually started looking around me and it was breathtaking! I couldn't believe the beauty that surrounded me. Plus, because the weather is starting to warm up, even though I had snowpants and thermals on, my jacket was unzipped and I didn't get cold once!



I really need to just put on a positive attitude sometimes and just take more advantage of the beauty that surrounds me and the fun things to do around here. Although I am walking like Frankenstein today because my back hurts so bad, I must say that it was actually worth it. :)

3 comments:

AP said...

I remember hating snowmobiling--maybe I need to give it another try.

Lizzy said...

That sounds so fun!

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

I have never been snowmobiling. I should try it, but I think I will wait until next year. I am so tired of the snow