Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Precious Moment

I'm baaack. Well kind of. Hopefully later this week with a ton more updates and pictures because sweet Tay has grown up so much in the past few months. My biggest downfall is my laziness in downloading pics and video. And really that's the fun part. So between Dustin and my mom nagging, I will have that by the end of this weekend. However, since my blogging and journal writing is terribly lacking, I had to quickly write down just a sweet story from yesterday. It will probably go down as one of those "you had to be there moments" but I'll do my best to try to capture it.

Currently Taylor has an obsession with babies whether it's human babies or dolls. When we were in California last month, my mom's friend Barbara gave her a cute baby doll and since putting that doll in her hands, she rarely puts it down. It's actually really sweet to watch because when she carries the doll, she is usually cradling the doll whether it is with one arm or two. There is the occasional throwing it over the banister down the stairs (one of her favorite past times with her toys). Or like yesterday, throwing the doll into her best friend Lily's pool or as she now calls her Lala. (so cute!) But for the most part she is very nurturing towards this doll.

Anyway, yesterday we were running a few errands, she was in the back seat jibber jabbering away. She is saying some words, but for the most part when she is singing or talking a lot it's jibber jabber. I was tuned into my talk radio so it took me who knows how long to realize that she was kind of sing songing these 3 syllables over and over again. The third syllable was long and ascended as she sang it. Of course the words to me were unrecognizable. When we got to the stoplight I turned around to see what she was doing. There she was sitting in her car seat. She had her baby doll laying on her lap looking up at her with her head at her knees. It was just like I would hold Taylor when she was a few months old. When I would have her head on my knees and I would kiss her feet and play with her belly. And then I looked up at Taylor and she had her hands over her sweet face. There she was playing peek a boo with her baby doll.

I can't even begin to describe the emotions that went through my body at that moment. I started talking to her and telling her how precious she was and how much I loved her and on and on. Her big blue eyes just stared at me through this rant and looked at me like what is wrong with you?

But after my little rant she just went back to playing peek a boo and I just parked and waited in the car and watched her some more just trying to soak in every minute, hoping that this was one of those moments that I can burn into my memory and never forget.

5 comments:

To Be Determined said...

I love little girls and their dolls. so cute

Brittany said...

I'm so happy you started blogging again u Jamie! I love to see what you guys are up to! That story just brought a tear to my eye. Love stuff like that. So cute...

Ally said...

I love, love, love, love that story. It shows that she is loved. She is able to exude that because you loved her first. Thanks for sharing, and I know that feeling of wanting to drink the moment in hoping to NEVER forget it!

JKAndrus said...

What a precious moment!

AP said...

It's amazing what kids learn without us even realizing it! What a lucky girl she is to have such an incredible woman as a mother. I can picture you during your rant...you totally cried, huh?