Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Beautiful Day

This is just one of those random days when all I can do is laugh. This blog post is mainly for me, but since I'm not great about writing in my journal, I'm posting it on the blog. Lucky me had the 24 hour flu beginning Monday night and I was worthless yesterday so I was ready to get out and get things done today. After a morning trip to the grocery store, I was unpacking groceries listening to Taylor talk and sing to herself when I went into her room and this is what I found...

You can't really tell from this picture, but she is actually in the middle drawer, not the bottom drawer, so she had to crawl up into it. As if that wasn't enough, I go to grab my phone and I tell her to smile (which as I have said before, she never does) and she pulls out this fake, cheesy smile. What is that scrunchy face?

The day only got better as it went on. We went to her Gymboree class (our 2nd week) and apparently she was quite the hot commodity. There was one little boy Talan who was watching her rock in the wooden boat. Instead of wanting to get on the other side and rock back and forth with her, he decided to get on the same side and rock with her. He already has the moves and he's not even 2!

As if that wasn't enough, when we were in circle time, there was another little boy, James. It was like he looked at Taylor and it was love at first sight. He just kept going up to her and not only staring into her eyes, but kissing her. And then not only kissing her, but trying to hug her and kiss her on the lips. Honestly it was one of THE CUTEST things that I have ever seen. His mom was laughing and getting pictures because she had never seen him do this before. I wish I had had the video camera for this one. I guess the red hair has some affect on the boys at an early age.

The other highlights of the day were her singing constantly (even while watching American Idol), going down the slide head first (the girl has NO fear) and hanging out with her cousins, Tate and Bryson. And the weather was absolutely perfect. What more can you ask for?

3 comments:

AP said...

I am so excited to hang out with her tomorrow!

To Be Determined said...

I adore the fake smile! And you are lucky that dresser is stable. perhaps you should bolt it to the wall just in case.

Lizzy said...

she is so funny!! what a cute post. and i can just picture her rocking in that boat at gymboree. what a little doll!