Thursday, October 8, 2009

September in Review

With Taylor's birthday starting us in September, football season starting, a trip to Cali, bike rides, trying to sell a house and then our anniversary to end September, it was a pretty awesome month. And even though I can't seem to account for a lot of it, I definitely didn't make time for the blog. As I mentioned before, we celebrated Taylor's actual birthday at the Utah vs Utah State game, however we wanted to make sure that she did have a party. So we had some of our family and a few of our friends over to join in the festivities. Honestly, we were planning on something really small, but there were so many people that supported us and prayed for us that made our miracle possible, so we had to include some more people. Although, there were so many of you that also made this possible, so know that we celebrated you as well on Taylor's special day.
Cam posing with Taylor on her special day with her special crown from Grandma TT that lit up and everything!


The cake that didn't turn out quite so great. Luckily I still have a year or two to improve my cake making skills.



The video is a little long, but next to the cute kids painting Taylor's face, the funniest part is how hard it is for Dustin to watch. For those of you that don't know him as well, he was the kid that if he got anything on his hands, he would freak out. Bless his sweet little heart!

After her birthday, we went home to visit my fam. We hit a Giants game and a football game and got to spend some time with the family, but as always, the week went by way too fast!
For our anniversary, we decided to do it on the Saturday before. It was a perfect fall day. Dustin had some church stuff in the am so I took Taylor and Quique to Tanner Park so Q could swim and run around with her friends. Then Dustin had a great idea to meet for brunch up at Solitude Ski Resort, so he rode his bike from our house up Big Cottonwood Canyon and Taylor and I met him there. This picture doesn't give the day justice, but the weather was perfect, just like our wedding day.


The brunch was amazing and Taylor really seems to like eating out with us and for the most part she's an angel! We ended the day by watching Utah beat Louisville so we couldn't have asked for a better day and I couldn't ask for a better family!

Two of my very favorite people.

Taylor is all about the open mouth kisses...

We love the gap between her top front teeth. Who can resist that smile?


And she has the sweetest laugh that I could listen to all day long!

5 comments:

To Be Determined said...

So cute!

Wait. Why are you selling a house?

To Be Determined said...

Oh and... I freak out if my hands are dirty too. There is nothing wrong with that Dustin.

AP said...

Such cute pictures! I love the video...I can hear the anxiety in Dustin's voice. So funny. And, I do love the gap in her teeth--she's darling!

The Tate Family said...

That smile is the cutest thing ever! She seriously kills me!

Heather said...

That is the funniest video ever. I loved it. Felt like I was there for the cake. Thanks for sharing. All my love to Taylor.