Monday, January 26, 2009

Henry Poole is Here

I feel like I'm always so out of the loop whether it's movies, fashion, music, whatever, so I'm not sure if anyone is familiar this movie or if once again, I'm out of the loop on this one. A few months ago, Dustin watched half of this movie (Henry Poole is Here) on the plane during a business trip so we have been anxiously waiting for it to come out on video. This weekend we finally rented it and it did not disappoint! I remembered seeing a preview (once the movie got going) but always thought the movie looked odd from the previews. Although the beginning may appear that way, it is a beautiful movie about faith and hope. There is some great dialogue, especially one about believers (of faith) vs. non-believers as well as some incredible symbolism. It is a touching movie, but you will still find yourself laughing. I'd love to talk more about it, but don't want to give too much away because it really is very well done with great actors and character development. I highly recommend it!

The movie brought about some great conversation between Dustin and I after the movie that really just made me realize how thankful I am for my faith and my testimony. Let me preface this one thought with the fact that Dustin and I have very strong testimonies of our faith and a deep faith in God, but he brought up the question... what if when we die, we find out that what we believe wasn't true? We both agreed that we wouldn't want to live a different way. We could look back and be grateful to live a happy and fulfilling life with the standards we always strive to have, and a strong faith in God and the atonement and always a hope for a better tomorrow. I know that personally, I could not have gotten through the last few years without my belief system. And every time I look at Taylor, I'm reminded of the miracle that was given to us. There are just a few too many "coincidences" in that story to be anything but a miracle from God.

2 comments:

The Tate Family said...

Steve and I wanted to rent it this past weekend, well I did at least and Steve was sketchy, so I am so glad that it gets positive reviews from you guys! That definitely says a lot!

Dana said...

I will have to rent that movie. Always looking for something unique. Today I was just reminded how grateful I am to have my belief system and for all of the blessings in my life and the life of my family. Thank you for sharing.