Sunday, September 21, 2008

Taylor's Newborn Pictures

As you can see, we're still on cloud 9 with the addition of Taylor to our family, and it still feels somewhat surreal.
So, I decided that we needed to get some photos of her. Jamie, of course, also wanted picturs. But I was the one pushing for them. Not a typical thing for me to do - but having a little girl has made me a softy. I love pink. I want bows and bracelets for her. She's my princess.
A friend of mine had some really cool pictures of his family, including their baby boy when he was just seven days old, and he recommended the photographer that they worked with - Jamie Thorpe (http://www.jamiethorpephotography.com/). She's really good - especially with newborns. As you can see, the newborn pics show her in her 'birthday suit' - and while the pictures turned out adorable, Jamie (my wife) thought it was pretty funny to see Taylor get dad 'messy' in every way that she could get me messy. I was a magnet for her bodily fluids. But again, I must have gone through some metamorphasis by becoming a dad, because I don't think I would have taken too well under normal circumstances, but dad's must have a slightly stronger tolerance to gross stuff, because I just laughed.

Some of our favorite pictures are on the slideshow (to the right).

11 comments:

The Halls said...

Oh my jamie the pic's are amazing I just love them you guys look like the perfect little family!!! Dustin said it right little girls as soon as they come are able to steal their daddy's hearts forever!!

AP said...

Oh my goodness! Could she get any more beautiful? You guys look great--awesome pictures!

johnsonfamily said...

Darling pictures! How are you going to decide which ones to blow up!

Heather said...

Those pictures are simply precious. Both your pictures and writings are so heartfelt and you can tell how much joy Taylor has brought you both.

Lizzy said...

Sooo darling!! I love them!! You are such a cute family.

WIKKY said...

Oh my gosh, we are soooo excited for you guys. I love seeing that red hair too! My little Clara came out with dark red hair (it has turned strawberry) and we love it!! Congrats to you guys, you will be the all time best parents to that sweet little girl! I can't get over how happy your smiles are in those pictures! Keep on trucking with the late night calls, they will pass in time and you will get your sleep (sort of!)

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

Wow! What cute pictures! I can't wait to see Taylor again on Sunday. I'm glad you found my new blog, but be patient with me. I'm still trying to figure it all out and trying to find time to blog.

Kristy said...

She is so cute! Those are great pictures. Taylor looks so little, but she'll grow so quickly! You guys are smart to have family photos taken now.

Stephanie said...

Congrats Jamie & Dustin! Taylor is super cute! I love the red hair. The close up of you all (color in black outfits) is super cute! I'm so thirlled you have this little angel in your lives. Enjoy her!

Cannon Family said...

JAmie,

It was so good to see you this week! I loved swapping newborn stories. It seems like yesterday I was going through the same adjustments!!! I promise it get's easier!!! PS: Your sweet potatoes were SOOO good. I'm tempted to make them (right now). I hope you don't mind me posting the recipe to my recipe blog. They're too good not to share!

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

Jamie, I just read your story and what a blessing to have a beautiful princess in your home. I would love to see your family and hang out some time.