Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quique, Quique, Quique

As you well know, our lives revolve around our sweet angel, Quique. She of course has quickly realized that our lives revolve around her and she can pretty much get whatever she wants and when she doesn't, she will be sure to let us know.

On Sunday, Dustin and I had to run home in between one of our church meetings to drop off some dishes. Dustin somehow or another noticed that his wallet was missing. Usually Quique takes things into the backyard so as I walked in the back I noticed money and cards spread out on the grass... Greeeeeat! Anyway, there was stuff from the wallet, but no wallet. Dustin and I must have searched in and out of the house for over 20 minutes. I thought maybe she had buried it, but it didn't look like she had buried anything anywhere. Dustin happened to notice below one of the rose bushes some dry dirt when everything else was more damp, he started digging and low and behold there was his wallet, right there with her bone. When she is throwing a temper tantrum she usually chews up stuff or takes it in the back, this was a first (that we know of) when she buried something other than her bone.

Then on Tuesday morning at 4am, Quique jumps up on our bed with her collar hanging out of her mouth. This is her sign of telling us that she wants to go on a walk. Are you kidding me? She must think that I do anything she wants because the last thing I'm going to do at 4am is take her on a walk. Then she started her little grunt whines. It's a mixture of a whine and a grunt to get our attention. So I started petting her, as soon as I stopped, she'd do her little grunt-whine again. I was so annoyed, but Dustin and I got a good laugh the next morning. My mom always tells me that I need to be the pack-leader. We sure know who the pack-leader is in our house... and it's definitely not me. Cesar would be so disappointed!

5 comments:

Mark Robbins said...

I have been looking online at dog breeds thinking that I may get one for the kids for Christmas. I would never have done this before I had dinner at your house. Cheesy-I was so touched with how Quickers cuddled me. It was as if she knew my family was gone and I was lonely. I love that dog. You got a busy bee?

The Tate Family said...

She is hilarious! That story about the wallet is CLASSIC! Hope everything is going well for you guys....we miss you like crazy!

Lizzy said...

too funny!!

Heather said...

Loved the post. I can't believe she hides things in the backyard that is too funny. And the wallet. I will have to warn Jason to keep his at high levels.

I know exactly what you are talking about with the grunt wines. Marley does a mix of hmmm's that sound like she is asking a question like Scooby Doo. We get the same thing about 3x a night. Usually 3am means I want to play, 4am means I need to go to the bathroom and 5am means I'm hungry. Poor Jason gets up every night and lets her out. She is spoiled and I know we are definitely not her packleader. Last night she got up at 3am and brought a box of mac and cheese from the kitchen to try and eat under the bed. Crazy labs, but I wouldn't choose another.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! Aren't dogs the BEST! Your dog is so cute! If we leave our yellow lab out and don't take her with us she will pitch a fit and spill her water and or food and many other lovely things. I seriously love dogs! They are the best ever.