Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hard to Let Go

Dustin's brother Steve, his wife Savanna, our sweet nephew Bo and our very first niece, Mia are off to Oregon. Dustin's bro left last week and Savanna will be off this week (once she has somewhat recovered from having a baby. She is a rockstar!) Dustin and I have such mixed emotions about this. We are so excited for them to start anew and experience new things, but selfishly we want them to be close so that we can hang out with them and spend time with our nephew and niece. I know that Dustin has tried to be really strong for his brother, but I know it's hard for him to see his little brother go. We went to say our good-byes to Steve on Wednesday night since he is the first of the fam to head out. I am stealing a picture that Savanna took and that's on her blog (Savanna, please don't sue me for copyright infringement... :)

We have bonded so much with our sweet nephew, Bo over the past year. He is at such a fun age and he apparently loves his Uncle Dustin and Aunt Jamie. Could you leave that sweet face??? And then there is Mia whom we were able to meet 10 days ago (when she was born) and now she's going to leave us too! But I have to remember that I grew up with most of my aunts and uncles in a different state and I only saw them once or twice a year and yet we still were so close, so I am sure it will be the same thing. I just had to vent for a few minutes because after seeing Savanna's blog it just made me tear up a little to know that they are leaving. I guess this just means a yearly trip to Oregon! We are so excited for you Steve, Savanna, Bo and Mia, but we sure are going to miss you!!!

No comments: