Wednesday, May 21, 2008

All Wrapped Up

So Sunday was my birthday. I swear they get more uneventful as you get older, but my mom bless her heart, can still make it fun even though I'm now 29 years old. She pretty much sent me on a wild goose chase. With a present she left downstairs a few weeks back during her visit (without me knowing) and multiple stops along the way, even involving April and then ending up at at a sewing store with a new sewing machine and some classes. No, I have no clue how to sew, but hopefully this will make me learn. Also, my dad and his wife, Cary came for the weekend so it was nice to spend time with them and go to one of my favorite restaurants... Cucina Toscana. Then a few of my neighbors came over for some cake and ice cream on my birthday, although for some reason they thought that they were supposed to bring the cake and ice cream. "Hey can do want to come over for my birthday for some cake and ice cream, oh and by the way, can you bring the cake and ice cream?" No I didn't say that, but April and Amy still managed to think that they were in charge of cake and ice cream. Do I have the greatest friends or what? So of course we end up with variety and way too much dessert, just the way I like it!

Anyway, the point of my story is that I thought that Sunday was the end of my celebration until I walked into work on Monday, here is a glimpse at my office (although the pictures don't even do it justice oh and excuse the lack of quality of text phone pics).


A view of my office... not only are the chairs and desk each saran wrapped, but the chairs are also saran wrapped to the desk.

My phone -

The phone is just an example that every single thing in my office was wrapped in saran wrap. My stapler, my book cases, my pictures. I just moved offices, so there was some extra stuff lying around and that was all saran wrapped as well. When I walked into my office there was a garbage bag full of toilet paper that dropped on my when I walked in. My team is way too creative. Luckily it was a hot day so my car was not saran wrapped and luckily they talked themselves out of putting all of my supplies in jello. I wasn't sure if it was a sign of love or vengeance, however they have assured me that if they didn't do anything, I should be worried. All in all, it was a great birthday and I am so grateful to my family and friends. It's days like this past week when you realize you are truly blessed.

2 comments:

AP said...

You forgot to mention that we invited ourselves to your house--the least we could do is bring dessert! Happy birthday :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!!! Wishing you all the best for a wonderful year ahead.
I love the pics from the office. Truly hilarious. That must have been such a surprise to see.