Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

Since I have a little bit of Irish in my blood, I just wanted to say Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I was just thinking about St. Patrick's Day, while I was growing up. My family got way into it. My mom would always make the traditional Cornbeef and Cabbage. I made it last year trying to recreate my childhood memories (although I haven't quite mastered it like my mom), but with Dustin being out of town this year, I didn't feel like cooking Cornbeef and Cabbage for 1.

I remember that each year at dinner, my dad would always pour his beer into glass and it would magically turn green, our milk was green, everything was green! It was the one day of the year that our beverages (and usually some other random things) were miraculously green. My sister and I seriously truly believed that it was magic. We thought it was sooo cool!

I seriously think there is something wrong with me, because I really do like these commercialized holidays. I loved them growing up and even though I don't get into them quite as much as I used to, I still think they are so great! Once we have kids, I will probably be just like my parents... getting way into these holidays. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I am totally like you - why not celebrate those holidays?! They are great excuses to make your day a little different than every other day! I hope you had a happy St. Patty's Day!